The Activity Reactions For BuddyPress plugin lets your users leave reactions on the BuddyPress activity feeds with emoticons, just like Facebook and LinkedIn.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Activity Reactions For BuddyPress plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded activity-reactions-for-buddypress.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the activity-reactions-for-buddypress.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Activity Reactions For BuddyPress plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Activity Reactions For BuddyPress.
Setting up the plugin
To show/hide the reaction emoticons on activity feed:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Activity Reactions for BP.
- Mark the checkboxes for the emoticons you want to display on the front-end for reactions.
Similarly, unmark the checkboxes for the emoticons you do not want to display on the front-end for reactions.