The Restrict Content Pro – BuddyPress Integration plugin creates a seamless connection with your BuddyPress installation. Show user account details in the user’s BuddyPress profile, assign BuddyPress Member Types to individual subscription levels, restrict content by Group membership, and more.
The plugin lets you:
- Restrict content based on Member Type and Group Memberships
- Show subscription details and payment history in the user’s BuddyPress profile settings page
- Restrict your whole BuddyPress site and redirect users to your login or pricing page
- Update a user’s Member Type automatically, when a user’s membership is changed
- Automatically remove a user’s Member Type when their status is changes to “cancelled” or “expired”
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Buy and download the Restrict Content Pro – BuddyPress plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded restrict-content-pro-buddypress-master.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the restrict-content-pro-buddypress-master.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Restrict Content Pro – BuddyPress plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Restrict Content Pro – BuddyPress.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Restrict > BuddyPress.
- In the Restriction tab, make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Options button.
Assigning member types to membership levels
You can create new membership levels for different member types or edit the existing membership levels.
To assign a member type to an existing membership level:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Restrict > Membership Levels.
- Click the Edit button to edit an existing membership level.
- Select the member type in the Member Type drop-down list you want to assign when a user signs up for the membership level.
- Click the Update Membership Level button.
On every post, page, BuddyPress group and custom post type is a meta box called Restrict this Content. You can combine some restrictions to create a more granular access control system if needed. To restrict access to BuddyPress groups based on membership levels, user role, Member Type and BuddyPress group memberships:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Groups.
- Click the Edit button for the preferred group.
- In the Membership restrictions for this group meta box for Member access options, select membership level(s) and mark the membership levels who should have access to the content.
- Select the user role for the content access.
- Select the member type.
- Select the BuddyPress group the user must be a member of already.
- Click the Save Changes button.
For further setup and usage tutorials, refer to the official documentation of Restrict Content Pro – BuddyPress.