The BP Auto Group Join plugin lets you automatically join new and existing BuddyPress members to the BuddyPress Groups of your choice. Optionally determine which group to join based on Member Type, using our BuddyPress Member Types plugin.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BP Auto Group Join plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-auto-group-join.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-auto-group-join.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Auto Group Join plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Auto Group Join.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Auto Group Join.
- In the General Settings tab, make the preferred changes to the settings and then click the Save Changes button.
Setting up the auto join options for a group
To configure the auto join options of a group:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Groups.
- Click the Edit button to open the group’s edit page.
- In the Auto-Join Users to this Group meta box, select the preferred option for new registrations and existing members.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the settings.
If you have the BuddyPress Member Types plugin configured on your website, the Auto-Join Users to this Group meta box will list an option Select by member type to auto-join members based on the member type.