The BetterDocs plugin helps you to create & organize your documentation page in a beautiful way that will make your visitors find any help article easily.
The plugin contains stunning premade template designs to create your docs landing page without any codes, customizable shortcode & page builder widgets, auto table of content or sticky TOC, In-built advanced live search within the docs for visitors. The plugin is also integrated with analytics to track and evaluate the performance of your knowledge base.
The BuddyBoss Theme styles the docs and adapts to the layout of the documentation pages seamlessly.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BetterDocs plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded betterdocs.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the betterdocs.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BetterDocs plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BetterDocs.
Setting up the plugin
Follow the setup wizard to set up the plugin. Click the Next button on the setup wizard after making the preferred settings.
Creating a new category
To create a new category:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BetterDocs > Categories.
- Enter a name for the category and add a description.
- Upload an icon for the category. This is optional.
- Click the Add New Docs Category button.
Creating a new article
To create a new article:
- Add a title for the article.
- Add/edit the content of the article.
- Select the category for the article from the Categories meta box.
- Click the Publish button.