The BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions plugin allows the site administrators to restrict BuddyPress Friendship features.
You can limit who can add friend, who can be added as a friend, how many requests are allowed and how many friends are allowed on your BuddyPress site.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-friendship-restrictions.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-friendship-restrictions.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Friendship Restrictions.
- Make the modifications to the settings and then click the Save Changes button.
For further setup options, refer to the official plugin page of BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions.