The MediaPress Featured Content plugin lets your users showcase their featured BuddyPress media files.
To install the plugin:
- Download the MediaPress Featured Content add-on for MediaPress from the link below
- Extract the downloaded mpp-featured-content.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the mpp-featured-content.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the MediaPress Featured Content plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for MediaPress Featured Content.
The MediaPress Featured Content works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform and MediaPress plugin installed and activated on your website.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > MediaPress > Settings > Addons.
- In the MediaPres Featured Content section, mark the preferred components and the items of the media to enable the featured content option for them.
- Mark the Types of media that users can choose to showcase.
- Select where to display the featured button.
- Make the modifications to the other settings as required and then click the Save Changes button.
The plugin adds a Set Featured button on BuddyPress Media and Gallery pages.
For further setup options and usage, refer to the official plugin page of MediaPress Featured Content.