The BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin allows users to send a personalized message with the BuddyPress friendship request.
When a user clicks on the Add Friend button, it displays a small popup to enter a personalized message.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin from your BuddyDev account page. OR the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-extended-friendship-request.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-extended-friendship-request.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin to work.
Sending a custom message with a friendship request
After successful activation of the plugin, users can send a custom message along with friendship requests to add more context. To send a custom message:
- Go to Members page and then click the Add Friend button.
- In the Send Request pop-up, enter the custom message and then click the Send Request button.
For further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request.