The Restrictions for BuddyPress plugin helps you add restrictions for the following BuddyPress areas:
- BuddyPress Members directory
- Viewing other BuddyPress profiles
- BuddyPress Group directory
- Single BuddyPress Group page
- Site-wide activity page
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Restrictions for BuddyPress plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-restrict.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-restrict.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Restrict plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Restrict.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Restrict plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
You can set the restrictions for logged-in users or guest users via the BP Restrict plugin. To set up the restrictions:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress Restrict.
- In the Basic restrict tab, select the preferred restriction settings (‘No’ OR ‘Restrict All Members’ OR ‘Restrict Logged In Users’ OR ‘Restrict Guest Users’) and then click the Save Changes button.