The BuddyPress Registration Options plugin allows the site administrator to enable the user moderation for new members. Also, helps them create a private network. When enabled, the site administrator will have to approve the new members for them to access the BuddyPress and bbPress components of the website.
The plugin also lets you customize the user prompt messages to tailor them to the requirements of your website.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Registration Options plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-registration-options.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-registration-options.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Registration Options plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Registration Options.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Registration Options to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BP Registration.
- In the General Settings tab, mark the checkboxes for Moderate New Members, and other preferred options.
- Optionally, modify the notification messages for the users.
- Click the Save Options button to apply the changes to the settings.