The BuddyPress Deactivate Account plugin allows users to deactivate/reactivate their BuddyPress account.
This plugin allows your users to reactivate their accounts later without losing any data.
This plugin can also be used to block users from logging to a BuddyPress site.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Deactivate Account plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded bp-deactivate-account.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-deactivate-account.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the (BuddyDev) BP Deactivate Account plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for (BuddyDev) BP Deactivate Account.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the (BuddyDev) BP Deactivate Account plugin to work.
Activating or deactivating a user
A user can be activated or deactivated in 3 ways:
- From the backend
- Go to Users > All Users and click the Edit option.
- In the Extended Profile section, select the Activate/Deactivate option in the Account Deactivation settings and then click the Update button.
- From the frontend (for other users)
- Go to a user’s profile page and then click the Deactivate (or Activate) button.
- From the frontend (your own account)
- Go to your Account Settings > Account Status page, select the Activate/Deactivate option in the Account Status settings and then click the Save button.