The Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User plugin lets the site administrator restrict the number of groups a user can create on a BuddyPress
The plugin includes the features:
- Role-based restrictions for BuddyPress group creation
- Restrict the maximum number of Groups created by a user with a specific role (role-based limit)
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Limit BuddyPress Groups Per User plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded limit-groups-per-user.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the limit-groups-per-user.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Limit Groups Per User plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Limit Groups Per User.
Setting up the plugin
To set role-based restrictions on creating BuddyPress groups:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Limit Groups Per User.
- Mark the checkbox for the user role you want to enable the restriction.
- Enter the limit for group creations for the user role.
- Click the Save Changes button.