The BuddyPress User Badges plugin adds badge functionality to BuddyPress based communities. This plugin allows you to create any number of custom badges and assign these badges to users.
The badges can be assigned manually or automatically and are displayed in the BuddyPress member list as well as the profile page.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress User Badges plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-user-badges.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-user-badges.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress User Badges plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress User Badges.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress User Badges plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Badge Settings.
- Make the preferred modifications to the settings and click the Save Changes button.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Users > Badges to create/edit custom badges, role badges, and member type badges and then click the Save role details button.
For creating badges and further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress User Badges.