The BP Local Avatars plugin creates Gravatar Avatars and stores them locally for your BuddyPress users.
The plugin uses the existing BuddyPress avatar directory structure without overwriting them. The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BP Local Avatars plugin from your PhiloPress Account page:
- Extract the downloaded bp-local-avatars.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-local-avatars.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Local Avatars plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Local Avatars.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Local Avatars plugin to work.
The plugin adds avatars for:
- each member sign-up
- each member log-in (if they don’t already have an Avatar)
- each member created from the back-end
- whenever you decide to Bulk Generate avatars for all members and groups
Setting avatars for user
After activating the plugin, site administrators can set the avatars for all users:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Discussion > Avatars.
- In the Default Avatar settings, select the BuddyPress Identicon option and then click the Save Changes button to display the Bulk Generate option in the settings.
- In the Bulk Generate settings, click the Generate Identicons link to bulk generate avatars for all BuddyPress Members and Groups which do not have an avatar already.
- Click the Save Changes button.