MediaPress is a lightweight, feature-rich Media Gallery solution for WordPress and BuddyPress.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the MediaPress plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded mediapress.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the mediapress.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the MediaPress plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for MediaPress.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > MediaPress > Settings > General and click the Save Changes button.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > MediaPress > Settings > BuddyPress.
- Click the Repair button to associate a page for the media gallery for the BuddyBoss Components.
- In the Directory Settings section, select Yes for creating a Gallery Directory page.
- In the Activity Settings section, mark the preferred option to automatically post an update in the Activity Feed when a user adds/uploads a new media.
- Click the Save Changes button.
For other configuration options refer to the official documentation of MediaPress.