The BP Messages Tool plugin allows site administrators to review the sent and received messages by any BuddyPress member on the website.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BP Messages Tool plugin from your PhiloPress Account page:
- Extract the downloaded bp-messages-tool.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-messages-tool.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Messages Tool plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Messages Tool.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Messages Tool plugin to work.
Managing the messages
As a site administrator, to manage the sent and received messages by your BuddyPress users:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Tools > BP Messages.
By default, the plugin displays the last 10 sent/received messages.
- Enter the username or user ID of a user, select Inbox/Sent to filter the messages and click the Get Messages button.
Administrators can mark a message and delete the entire conversation thread using the plugin.