The BuddyPress Global Search is an add-on for BuddyPress and lets your members search through every BuddyPress component, along with pages and posts and custom post types of your choice, all in one unified search bar with a live dropdown of results.
The integration works and requires the BuddyPress plugin installed and activated on your website.
You may also use the BuddyBoss Platform since the global search functionality is built into the BuddyBoss Platform plugin.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Global Search plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-global-search.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-global-search.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Global Search plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Global Search.
You must have the BuddyPress plugin installed and activated on your site for BuddyPress Global Search.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Global Search.
- Mark the components to enable the search option for them.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the modifications to the settings.