The myCred for BuddyPress Compliments plugin lets members send each other compliments or eGifts. This add-on for the myCred plugin allows you to connect myCred with BuddyPress Compliments and award users points for giving or receiving compliments.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the myCred for BuddyPress Compliments plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded mycred-for-buddypress-compliments.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the mycred-for-buddypress-compliments.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the myCred for BuddyPress Compliments plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for myCred for BuddyPress Compliments.
Setting up points for the BuddyPress compliments
To configure the points for the BuddyPress compliments:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Points > Hooks.
- Activate the hook for BuddyPress Compliments by clicking the Add Hook button.
- Enter the preferred points to be awarded when a user sends and receives a BuddyPress Compliment.
- Click the Save button.
When a user sends and/or receives a compliment via BuddyPress Compliments, an entry is added to the myCred log ( WordPress Dashboard > Points > Log).
For further setup and usage tutorials, refer to the official documentation of myCred for BuddyPress Compliments.