The BuddyPress Group Email Subscription plugin allows users to receive email notifications of group activities – Weekly or daily digests.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Group Email Subscription plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-group-email-subscription.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-group-email-subscription.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Group Email Subscription plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Group Email Subscription.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Group Email Subscription plugin to work.
Setting up email subscriptions for the groups
The email subscription levels of the plugin are:
- No Email – Read this group on the web
- Weekly Summary Email – A summary of new topics each week
- Daily Digest Email – All the day’s activity bundled into a single email
- New Topics Email – Send new topics as they arrive (but don’t send replies)
- All Email – Send all group activity as it arrives
- Navigate to the Groups page of your BuddyBoss platform powered website.
- Click the Get email updates button for the preferred group.
- Click the preferred subscription level to set for the group. For example, click Weekly Summary to receive a summary of topics via email every week.