The BuddyPress Edit Activity plugin lets your BuddyPress members edit their activity posts and replies on the front-end of the site. The site administrator can set a time limit for how long activity posts should remain editable.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Edit Activity plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-edit-activity.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-edit-activity.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Edit Activity plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Edit Activity.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Edit Activity.
- Make the preferred changes to the settings and then click the Save Changes button.
Editing an activity post
To edit a post update, click the Edit button for an activity post, make the changes and then click the Save button.