The BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors plugin shows the most recent profile visitors on a user profile as well as the most popular users on a BuddyPress site.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded recent-visitors-for-buddypress-profile.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the recent-visitors-for-buddypress-profile.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Recent Profile Visitors.
- Make the modifications to the settings and then click the Save Changes button.
The Members page displays the Recent Visitors in a new section. You can also add a Most Visited Users widget on a post/page.
For further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress Recent Profile Visitors.