The BuddyPress Compliments plugin lets BuddyPress members interact with each other via compliments.
You can create an unlimited number of Compliment types. A Compliment button and Compliments tab are displayed in each member’s profile. Submitted compliments will be visible in the user’s compliments section.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Compliments plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-compliments.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-compliments.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Compliments plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Compliments.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for BuddyPress Compliments.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Compliments.
- Make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the modifications to the settings.
Creating a new compliment type
To create a new compliment type:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Compliments > Compliment Types.
- Add a title and icon for the compliment and then click the Add New Compliment button.
To send a compliment to a user, click the Send Compliment button on a user’s profile page, select the compliment and add an optional message text and then click the Send button.