The BuddyPress Featured Members plugin allows site admins to mark users as featured and display the list of featured users as a list or slider.
Admins can mark multiple users as featured and display the Featured Members using a shortcode or widget or on the BuddyPress Members’ page.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Featured Members plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded bp-featured-members.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-featured-members.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Featured Members plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Featured Members.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Featured Members plugin to work.
Marking users as featured members
To mark users as featured members:
- As the site admin, go to a user’s profile page and then click the Set Featured button.
- Repeat step 1 for other users as preferred.
The Members page displays the Featured Members in a new section. You can also add a Featured Members widget on a post/page.
For further setup and usage, refer to the official plugin page of BuddyPress Featured Members.