You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the GamiPress – BuddyPress Group Leaderboard plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded gamipress-buddypress-group-leaderboard.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the gamipress-buddypress-group-leaderboard.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the GamiPress – BuddyPress Group Leaderboard plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for GamiPress – BuddyPress Group Leaderboard.
Setting up the plugin
Before setting up the BuddyPress Group Leaderboard plugin, check out the tutorial on how to set up GamiPress + BuddyPress Integration tutorial.
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > GamiPress > Settings > Add-ons.
- In the BuddyPress Group Leaderboard meta box, in the Metrics to track options, enable the achievements, points, and ranks you want to track for the leaderboard.
- In the Period options, select the timeframe to consider to display the leaderboards data in the leaderboard.
- In the Columns options, enable the columns you want to display on the leaderboard.
- Make the other preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Settings button.
To regenerate all group leaderboards, click the Regenerate Group’s Leaderboards button in the BuddyPress Group Leaderboard meta box.
After a successful setup, a Leaderboard tab is added to all BuddyPress groups.