The BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin adds a Report Abuse functionality to your BuddyPress based social network. The plugin is a set of tools that offers BuddyPress community moderation for groups, topics, activities, posts, replies, users.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-moderation-tools.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-moderation-tools.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Moderation Tools.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Moderation Tools plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Moderation > Settings.
- Make the modifications to the settings as preferred and then click the Save Changes button.
For further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress Moderation Tools.