The myCRED BP Charges plugin allows you to charge your BuddyPress/BuddyBoss users for viewing other users profiles, sending private messages and joining groups. Users are charged and credited in myCRED points in their profiles.
You can combine built-in hooks for charging users for making new friends, creating new groups and much more.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Buy and download the myCred BP Charges plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded mycred-bp-charges.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the mycred-bp-charges.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the myCred BP Charges plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for myCred BP Charges.
Displaying points balance and history
To display the points balance and points history on a user’s profile:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Points > BuddyPress.
- In the Point Balance setting, select the Include under the “Profile” tab option.
- In the Points History setting, select the Show in Profile option.
- Click the Update Settings button.
Setting up BuddyPress Charges
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyPress Charges.
- Configure the charges for viewing profiles, sending private messages, joining groups, creating groups, and friendships as per your requirements. For example, you can allow group administrators to sell membership to their BuddyPress groups. You can select to enable this feature by default for all groups or let group admins choose to use this feature.
- In the Join Group tab, mark the checkbox Charge for this.
- Select the preferred Sales Setup option.
- Add the Default Price for joining the groups.
- Click the Update Changes button.
Based on the settings, group administrators can enable or disable the sell access, and choose to share the profit amongst group members / admins / moderators.
Similarly, you can charge your BuddyPress/BuddyBoss users for viewing other users profiles, sending private messages and joining groups. Also, built-in hooks for charging users for making new friends, creating new groups and much more.
When a user is charged for joining a group, an entry is added to the myCred log (WordPress Dashboard > Points > Log).
For further setup and usage tutorials, refer to the official documentation of myCRED BP Charges.