Modern Events Calendar is a responsive, mobile-friendly, and FREE events management plugin. You can integrate the Modern Events Calendar plugin with the BuddyBoss Platform to enable members of communities to publish events and then generate an activity feed (like a Facebook newsfeed) automatically on your website powered by the BuddyBoss Platform.
The BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Platform also support Modern Events Calendar Pro. The Pro version offers an advanced booking system, advanced reports and integration add-ons to take your events management to another level.
In this tutorial you will see how Modern Events Calendar has been styled beautifully for BuddyBoss Theme, and how to install and configure Modern Events Calendar with the theme.
Setting up the plugin
You can integrate the Modern Events Calendar plugin with the BuddyBoss Theme and the BuddyBoss Platform to create community events and automatically generate a news feed (like a Facebook newsfeed) on your BuddyBoss Platform powered websites.
To set up the plugin and integrate with the BuddyBoss Platform:
- Download the FREE Modern Events Calendar plugin from the link below
Buy and download the Pro version of Modern Events Calendar from the link below
- Extract the downloaded modern-events-calendar-lite.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the modern-events-calendar-lite.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Modern Events Calendar Lite plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Modern Events Calendar Lite.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Settings > Activity > Posts in Activity Feed > Custom Post Types and mark the Events checkbox and click the Save Settings button to automatically generate an activity feed when a user creates an event.
Any custom post type that’s been registered by any plugin (for example Modern Events Calendar Pro, LearnDash, etc.) can be chosen to be added in the Activity Feed via these settings.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > M.E. Calendar > Add New to create a new event. Add a title, time & date, a featured image and other details and then click the Publish button.