BuddyForms Members is a practical tool that allows your users to easily create, edit and upload posts, images, video and any other content type to your community directly from their member profile.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform and the BuddyForms plugin installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyForms Members plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddyforms-members.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddyforms-members.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyForms Members plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyForms Members.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform and the BuddyForms plugin installed and activated on your website. for the BuddyForms Members plugin to work.
Adding an existing form to a user’s profile
After you’ve installed and activated the BuddyForms Members extension, a new meta box BP Member Profiles is added to the form builder.
To display/add an existing form on a user’s profile page:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyForms and then click the Edit button for an existing form.
- In the BP Member Profiles meta box, mark the checkbox for Add this form as Profile Tab to add the form as a tab in all the users’ profiles.
- Mark the other preferred checkboxes.
- Select the visibility settings from the drop-down list.
- Click the Update button to update the form.
For further setup options and usage, refer to the official documentation of BuddyForms Members.