The BP Simple Private is a FREE plugin that allows you to hide your content from non-logged in users.
You can choose to hide Pages, Posts, Custom Post Types, and BuddyPress content such as Activity, Groups, Members, Member Profile Pages, etc.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the FREE BP Simple Private plugin from your PhiloPress Account page:
Buy and download the Pro version – https://www.philopress.com/products/bp-simple-private-pro/
- Extract the downloaded bp-simple-private.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-simple-private.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Simple Private plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Simple Private.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Simple Private plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Simple Private.
- Mark the preferred content you want to hide from non-logged in users.
- For the marked Post Types, a meta box (with Public or Private checkbox) is added in the sidebar to the Create and Edit screens.
Custom Post Types will also appear as options in the Settings.
- Click the Save Settings button.
The Pro version allows and includes the following features:
- to set a custom redirection URL
- to set a post type to private on a site-wide basis
- support for bbPress
- support for multi-site
- to disable BuddyPress RSS Feeds