The BuddyPress Default Group Tab plugin allows site administrators/group administrators to control the default landing component/page of a BuddyPress Group.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Default Group Tab plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded bp-default-group-tab.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-default-group-tab.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BP Default Group Tab plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BP Default Group Tab.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BP Default Group Tab plugin to work.
Setting up the default component for a group
To set up the default component:
- Go to a group’s page as the site admin/group admin.
- Go to Manage > Settings > Group Landing Component section.
- Select the preferred component from the drop-down list that you want to set as the default landing page for the group.
- Click the Save Changes button.
The selected component is set as the default landing page for the group.