BuddyPress for LearnDash is an add-on for LearnDash which creates a seamless bridge between BuddyPress and LearnDash. The add-on lets you tie any LearnDash Course to a BuddyPress Group.
When a course is tied to a group, course actions are optionally added to the group’s activity stream. Group admins can determine which actions to allow in their group, including:
- User starts a course
- User completes a course
- User creates a lesson
- User completes a lesson
- User passes a quiz
- User comments on single lesson page
Your BuddyPress members:
- Can view their Active and Completed courses in their profiles.
- Leaders and Students get added as filterable tabs in your Members directory.
- All LearnDash user links redirect to member profiles (instead of author pages).
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress for LearnDash plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-learndash.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-learndash.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress for LearnDash plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress for LearnDash.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress for LearnDash.
- Mark the visibility checkbox to display Courses on a user’s profile.
- Make the other preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Changes button.
After successful activation, a user’s profile gets a new Courses tab where all the active and completed courses of the user are listed.
Automatically adding students to a BuddyPress group
To automatically add students to a BuddyPress group when they enroll in a course:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > LearnDash LMS > Courses.
- Click the Edit button for the preferred course.
- In the Course Group meta box, select the BuddyPress group you want to automatically enroll the member to.
- Click the Update button.