The BuddyPress Power SEO plugin adds powerful SEO features to your BuddyPress community website. It creates XML sitemaps which you can submit to Bing, Google, Yahoo!, Baidu, etc. to boost your online visibility and presence.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Power SEO plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded bp-power-seo.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-power-seo.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Power SEO plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Power SEO.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Power SEO plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
The plugin lets you configure the sitemap to enable or disable groups sitemaps, members sitemap, and searches (autolinks) sitemap.
You can also rewrite titles for the BuddyPress pages and use Google Rich Snippets for structured data markup. To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BP Power SEO.
- In the Google XML Sitemap section, mark the checkbox for Create XML sitemap, Members, Groups, Searches/Custom fields to create a sitemap for your BuddyPress website.
- Select the frequency for the sitemap update from the Sitemap Update drop-down list.
- Make the other preferred changes to the settings in Page title options and Rich Snippets section and then click the Save Changes button.