The BuddyPress Docs plugin adds a collaborative workspace (document service) for your BuddyPress community. Part shared dropbox, part wiki, and part document editing for your WordPress users.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Docs from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-docs.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-docs.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button for the BuddyPress Docs plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Docs.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Docs plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Docs > Settings.
- Edit the slug, user tab name, group tab name, etc. as per your requirements and then click the Save Changes button.