The BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin lets site administrators add some essential field types to BuddyPress Profile.
BuddyPress Custom Xprofile Fields:
- Checkbox Acceptance
- From/To Value
- Image field
- File Field
- Post Type Selector
- Multi Post Types Selector
- Taxonomy Selector
- Multi Taxonomy selector
- Date selector
- Min Max Xprofile field
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded bp-xprofile-custom-field-types.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the bp-xprofile-custom-field-types.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin to work.
Adding the new profile fields
To use the new profile fields:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Profiles > Profile Fields.
- In the General Information (Signup) tab, click the Add New Field button.
- Enter a name for the profile field, select the type of the field and make the other preferred changes.
- Click the Save button.