In this tutorial, you will learn how to manage the Notification Preferences in the BuddyBoss Platform. Your members can easily manage their notifications for Email, Web, and App all from a single page. Site admins can choose which notification types should be available to their members, set the default options for each notification, and manage the email template for each notification.
Note: All Notification Preferences configured in BuddyBoss > Settings > Notifications extend to the BuddyBoss App.
Enabling Notification Preferences
Note: If you want to migrate to the Modern Notifications API from the Legacy Notifications API and Legacy Email Preferences API, please enable the BuddyBoss Labs feature.
To set the configure the notification preferences:
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Settings > BuddyBoss Labs.
- Mark the checkbox for Enable Notification Preferences.
- Click the Save Settings button.
Note: Once enabled, a Notification Preferences screen will be available to each member in their Account Settings. On this screen, members can configure which notifications they receive via email, web or app. In addition, you’ll be able to manage each notification type used on your site in the Notifications settings via BuddyBoss > Settings > Notifications > Notification Types.
Managing Notification Types
As the site administrator, you select which types of notifications are sent to members when specific actions happen on your site. When a notification is disabled, it will not be generated for any member.
To configure the notification types:
- Go to BuddyBoss > Settings > Notifications > Notification Types.
- Mark/unmark the checkbox to enable/disable a notification.
- To manage the default options for each notification, click the Manage Defaults button and then select where the notifications will be triggered. You can choose to enable/disable the defaults for Email, Web and App.
Note: Web notification option is displayed only if On-screen notifications are enabled in BuddyBoss Platform via BuddyBoss > Settings > Notifications > On-screen Notifications.
App notification option is displayed only if you are using BuddyBoss App, with Push Notifications enabled via BuddyBoss App > Components > Push Notifications.
You can also register your own notifications types by following the steps in this tutorial. Once registered, they’ll be configurable in the Notification Types options.
Managing Email Templates
You can quickly fix missing email templates for all BuddyBoss Platform notifications by installing the missing templates. To edit and fix any missing email templates:
- Click the Missing Email Templates button for a notification type.
- Click the Install Missing Emails button to import and install the missing email templates.
- On the Repair Community screen, make sure the ‘Install missing emails (restore missing emails from defaults)’ is selected, and then click the Repair Items button.
After successfully installing the missing email templates, a confirmation message is displayed.