This is it. You’ve set up WordPress and you’re only a few clicks away from publishing your own online community using BuddyBoss! In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to properly install BuddyBoss in WordPress.
- Download the BuddyBoss Platform.
- Log in to your WordPress website and access the Admin Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload, and attach the zip file
- Once it finishes uploading, click Activate.
NOTE: Make sure you have the permalink structure set to ‘Postname‘ for the BuddyBoss Platform components to work smoothly.
Components in the BuddyBoss Platform
Each component is a major feature set which will have its own settings, options and content. The components in the BuddyBoss Platform are:
- Member Profiles: Everything in a community website revolves around its members. All website users are given member profiles.
- Profile Fields: Customize your community with fully editable profile fields that allow members to share details about themselves.
- Account Settings: Allow members to modify their account and notification settings from within their profile.
- Notifications: Notify members of relevant activity with a toolbar bubble and/or via email and allow them to customize their notification settings.
- Social Groups: Allow members to organize themselves into public, private or hidden social groups with separate activity feeds and member listings.
- Forum Discussions: Allow members to have discussions using Q&A style message boards. Forums can be standalone or connected to social groups.
- Activity Feeds: Global, personal, and group activity feeds with threaded commenting, direct posting, and @mentions, with email notification support.
- Media Uploading: Allow members to upload photos, documents, emojis and animated GIFs, and to organize photos into albums.
- Private Messaging: Allow members to send private messages. Messages can be sent to one member or a group of members.
- Member Connections: Allow members to make connections with one another and focus on those they care about most.
- Email Invites: Allow members to send email invitations to non-members to join the network.
- Network Search: Allow members to search the entire network, along with custom post types of your choice, all in one unified search bar.
- Before installing BuddyBoss Platform, please make sure you meet the minimum server and WordPress requirements.