Activating and configuring Network Search in the BuddyBoss Platform is easy. This allows you to search everything within the network including all BuddyBoss social content and any custom post types, all in an autocomplete drop-down.
NOTE: The out-of-the-box WordPress search only works for WordPress pages and blog posts.
Activating and configuring the Network Search for your BuddyBoss website
Activating the Network Search component for the BuddyBoss Platform, allows you to search everything which includes the BuddyBoss social groups, members, pages, posts, forums, media, documents, custom post types and all the content posted by users.
To activate the Network Search component:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Components.
- Mark the checkbox for Network Search and then click Activate.
To configure the Network Search:
You can configure what content to search through for the Network Search component. To configure it.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > BuddyBoss > Settings > Search.
- Mark the preferred content type checkbox for the BuddyBoss components to search through.
- Mark the preferred content type checkbox for the WordPress Pages and Posts to search through.
- Mark the checkbox to enable the autocomplete dropdown when a user starts typing into the search inputs. Also, enter the number of search results to display in the dropdown.
- Click the Save Settings button.