Why Use Group Emails?
BuddyBoss has built-in email templates for different purposes. There are few for sending emails from the group of BuddyBoss. In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure all the emails that are used during any group activity.
Configure Group Emails
- Go to BuddyBoss – Components. Scroll down to find the Social Groups option.
- Now, navigate to the BuddyBoss – Help, click on BuddyBoss Platform. Scroll down below to get the BuddyBoss Labs.
After clicking BuddyBoss Labs, there will be an option BuddyBoss Emails. Hit the Email Tokens.
Scroll down to get the Group Tokens. As a website owner, you can edit the content of email notifications with these Email Tokens.
Let’s see the template which is dedicated to these tokens. At first you will see an email token for notifying the group details update.
From the left sidebar press on Emails. For the easy navigation of the users, there are ready made email templates. You can find associated emails by using the search feature as you can see I searched with the subject of a group email ‘Group details updated’ and BuddyBoss found the email template associated with that word!
If you edit the template the interface will look like below. There will be Plain Text Email Content if you go down.
There are multiple email tokens for different types of situations, like-
- A group’s details were updated.
- A member has requested permission to join a group.
- Recipient had requested to join a group, which was accepted, etc.
Before using any tokens make sure you understand the purpose and it looks good to the email receiver.
Apart from checking out the templates, you can also go through the process of Customization of Email Layouts.
- You may delete all the texts or the format of the email template in terms of editing. Well, you can get back the email templates as they stay after newly installing BuddyBoss. To do so, go to Tools> Repair Community.
Tick the Reset Emails option and hit the Repair Items button. That is all for setting your Group Emails.
- See our Email Tokens reference showing all group email tokens.
- How to configure the Social Group Emails within the Platform?