In this tutorial, you will learn how to use our new activity privacy options, allowing members to control the visibility of any of their user-created activity posts, as well as photo and document uploads.
Note: You do not need any additional plugin, this feature is built into the BuddyBoss Platform.
Controlling the visibility of activity posts
Your members can control the visibility of each activity posts on their wall and in groups. They can also control the visibility of the media and documents they post on their wall and in groups. Your members can choose the visibility as:
- Public (): Post is visible to all logged-in and logged-out members. OR
- All Members (): Post is visible only to logged-in members of the site. OR
- My Connections(): Post is visible only to connected members of the author of the post. OR
- Only Me (): Post is visible only to the author of the post.
To change the privacy of an existing activity post:
- Click the Activity Privacy () button on a post/media/document you have posted.
- Select the preferred privacy option. For example, click the All Members () option to display the post to only logged-in members of the site.
Note: When posting in groups, the activity post always inherits the privacy settings of the group itself.