In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to properly install the BuddyBoss Theme to make everything look beautiful. Click here for a demo of BuddyBoss Platform with BuddyBoss Theme.
In this tutorial, we are going to install the BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Child Theme both and activate the BuddyBoss Child Theme on your website.
NOTE: A child theme is where you add overrides for the CSS, functions, etc. from the parent theme. This way the changes you made to your theme are not wiped away when the parent theme receives an update.
To install the BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Child Theme:
- Buy the BuddyBoss Theme from the link below
- Log into your BuddyBoss Account and then to your Downloads page. Download the BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Child Theme from your Downloads area.
- Extract the downloaded buddyboss-theme.zip and buddyboss-child-theme.zip file to the WordPress themes folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/themes OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > Add New. Click the Upload Theme button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddyboss-theme.zip & install the theme. Browse to the download file location, select the buddyboss-child-theme.zip & install the theme.
- Click the Activate button to activate the BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Child Theme on your website. OR
To activate the theme on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and then click the Activate button for BuddyBoss Theme and BuddyBoss Child Theme.
- Before installing BuddyBoss Theme, please make sure you have installed BuddyBoss Platform.
- For information on how to do custom theme development, view our Child Theme Development tutorial.
- In this video, you’ll get a brief overview of the new features in BuddyBoss Theme 2.0. This is the biggest update to BuddyBoss Theme since its original launch,…
- In this tutorial, we show you how to update to the new BuddyBoss Theme 2.0.
- Managing your License Keys Activating your license key(s) on your site will give you direct access to new BuddyBoss Theme updates, via the WordPress updates page. You will…