BuddyBoss Home – Web Support Forums Themes BuddyBoss theme 4.2.5 Breaks Cover Images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Question

@acroyes

This is with a naked install, using the base theme (not child), and no other plugins active except BuddyPress. No cover image visible and none visible on upload.

Seems like this should have been caught in testing?

Answers

@raytronx

Same here, cover and group cover images are blank now, was working well in previous version.

@frankwarwick

Same as @raytronx said and also if you upload an image it will not appear….

@mth75

@michael Same here, totally broken. Michael, we had many conversations before about testing, this is getting ridiculous. Every release (plugins, themes) something gets broken or doesn’t work as advertised. Buddyboss and products (at the moment) is becoming a pain in the ass.

@vapvarun

Hi @frankwarwick, @raytronx, @acroyes ,@mth75

we have removed duplicate css files which was loading in site source code double and thus bp-parent-css handle was removed which was linked with cover image

For quick fix you can use following function inside the child theme

function buddyboss_cover_image_settings_fix( $settings = array() ) {
        $settings['theme_handle'] = 'buddyboss-wp-frontend';
        return $settings;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_before_xprofile_cover_image_settings_parse_args', 'buddyboss_cover_image_settings_fix', 10, 1 );
    add_filter( 'bp_before_groups_cover_image_settings_parse_args', 'buddyboss_cover_image_settings_fix', 10, 1 );

We will push a release today in next couple of hours.
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    Regards

@mth75

@vapvarun, @frankwarwick, @raytronx, @acroyes ,@mth75

Mobile view still isn’t correct.

@vapvarun

Hi @mth75, with current update it seems fine for mobile for profile and group as well.

Regards
    Varun Dubey

@mth75

@vapvarun

On none webkit browsers? I;ve tested live and in an absolute clean buddyboss theme install.
    with Safari and Chrome.

Regards,

Marc

@mth75

@vapvarun @tjchester Hi Varun, is this webkit browser solved or is there a workaround?

@vapvarun

Hi @mth75, I have checked them again and developers also did not notice anything.
    Please attach the screenshot of the cover image where you are facing issue
    Regards
    Varun Dubey

@mth75

@vapvarun

I did attach the screenshots, look at the position of the profile picture “circle”. And please use a webkit browser, Chrome or Safari!

@mth75

@mth75 @vapvarum @tjchester

Still have the same issue as mth75 mentioned. Use an iphone 6 plus and do not get a nice result on Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Maxton and Dolphin browsers. Used the mobile versions from AppStore. Only the landscape orientation works right and if I use groups, vertical and horizontal are ok.

Updated today to BuddyBoss 4.2.7 in combination with a child theme. So the basic files are unchanged.

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

@vapvarun

Hi @thorsten, @mth75
    Please added following css to fix the issue

@media screen and (max-width: 720px){
    #buddypress #item-header-cover-image {
        margin-top: 46px!important;
    }
    }

I have notified developers again to cross check it.
    Regards
    Varun dubey

@vapvarum @mth75

Thank you, it looks great now on my iPhone 6 plus.

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The question ‘4.2.5 Breaks Cover Images’ is closed to new replies.