The BuddyPress First Letter Avatar sets custom avatars for users without a profile picture or Gravatar for your users. The avatar will be the first letter of the user’s name. You can also configure the plugin to use any other letter to set a custom avatar.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the WP First Letter Avatar plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded wp-first-letter-avatar.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the wp-first-letter-avatar.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the WP First Letter Avatar plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for WP First Letter Avatar.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > WP First Letter Avatar.
- Make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save Changes button to apply the modifications to the settings.
The avatar image is applied only to the profile image in the header. The profile avatar in the member’s list page, profile image, newsfeed, etc. is not changed with the plugin.