The W3 Total Cache plugin is the only web host agnostic Web Performance Optimization (WPO) framework for WordPress. It improves the SEO, increases website performance and reduces load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices. You can save up to 80% bandwidth when you minify HTML, minify CSS and minify JS files.
The key features of the plugin include:
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Caching methods include local Disk, Redis, Memcached, APC, APCu, eAccelerator, XCache, and WinCache
- Minification of posts and pages and RSS feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS with automated updates to assets
- Defer offscreen images using Lazy Load to improve the user experience
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)
- Leverage multiple CDN integrations to optimize images
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more
- Various security features to help ensure website safety
- Caching statistics for performance insights of any enabled feature
- Extension framework for customization or extensibility for Cloudflare, WPML and much more
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish
The BuddyBoss Theme and Platform adapt the cache settings seamlessly to optimize your website.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the W3 Total Cache plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded w3-total-cache.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the w3-total-cache.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the W3 Total Cache plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for W3 Total Cache.
Setting up the plugin
To setup the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Performance > General Settings.
- In the General tab, make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save all settings button.
For further settings and usage tutorials, refer to the official documentation of W3 Total Cache.