Paid Memberships Pro – BuddyPress Add On creates a seamless bridge between BuddyPress and Paid Memberships Pro.
You can restrict access to specific BuddyPress features by membership levels to create a custom, private, and flexible members-only community site. The plugin lets you:
- Restrict BuddyPress Features by Membership Level
- Assign or Invite Members to BuddyPress Groups by Membership Level
- Assign BuddyPress Member Types by Membership Level
- Show the Member’s Level Name on BuddyPress Profile
- Use the BuddyPress Registration Process in place of Paid Memberships Pro
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Paid Memberships Pro – BuddyPress Add On plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded pmpro-buddypress.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the pmpro-buddypress.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Paid Memberships Pro – BuddyPress Add On plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Paid Memberships Pro – BuddyPress Add On.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Memberships > PMPro BuddyPress.
- In the Non-member User Settings, set how BuddyPress should be locked down for users without a membership level.
- Make the other preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Save All Settings button.
Editing a membership level for BuddyPress features
To edit membership levels to set level-specific restrictions on BuddyPress features:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Memberships > Settings > Levels.
- Click the Edit button for the membership you want to edit.
- Make the preferred changes to the BuddyPress Restrictions settings.
- In the BuddyPress Group Membership settings, mark the BuddyPress groups you want the users to be automatically added to when they subscribe to a membership level.
- In the BuddyPress Member Types settings, select the member types you want the users to be automatically assigned when they subscribe to a membership level.
- Click the Save Level button.