The iFlyChat plugin is a real-time chat plugin for community and social networking websites. It enables users to chat with each other privately (one to one private conversation), group chat or chat rooms. Also, it is useful for forums, blogs, dating sites, etc. It can also be configured to provide online support for products/services. It logs the user conversations which can be viewed using a shortcode.
The plugin supports automatic integration with the BuddyPress plugin.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the iFlyChat plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded iflychat.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the iflychat.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the iFlyChat plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for iFlyChat.
Setting up the plugin
Before setting up the plugin, you must register and create an app for your website for generating the APP ID and the API Key for the iFlyChat plugin.
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > iFlyChat Settings.
- In the Plugin Settings tab, add the APP ID and the API Key generated for your website from your iFlyChat Dashboard page.
- Add the chat moderators and administrators.
- Make the other changes to the settings.
- Click the Update button.
For further setup and usage tutorials, refer to the official documentation of iFlyChat.