Google Captcha Pro (reCAPTCHA) is a premium plugin that lets you add human verification to the forms on your WordPress site. You can protect your website forms such as login, registration, password recovery, comments, etc. from spam entries.
We at BuddyBoss, have worked on the integration of the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin so that the reCAPTCHA field on any form is styled in a unified way when you are using the BuddyBoss Theme for your website.
Installing the plugin
To setup and integrate the plugin:
- Download the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded google-captcha.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the google-captcha.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA).
Generating reCAPTCHA keys in Google
Before you add the reCAPTCHA field to your WordPress forms, you’ll need to generate the reCAPTCHA keys in your Google account for your website.
To generate the keys:
- Navigate to Google’s reCAPTCHA landing page –
- Click the Admin console button to register a site and generate the keys for it.
- Add a label for the website in the Label text box.
- Select the reCAPTCHA type for the site key. A site key only works with a single reCAPTCHA site type.
- Add the URL for the domain.
- Mark the checkbox for the Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service option.
- Click the Submit button after entering all the details.
Setting up the plugin
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard > Google Captcha > Settings.
- In the Authentication option, copy and paste the generated Site Key and Secret Key for your domain from Google reCAPTCHA.
- In the General option, select the reCAPTCHA Version as chosen during the generation of the keys.
- Mark the check boxes for the WordPress default forms on which you want to display the reCAPTCHA field.
- Click the Save Changes button to save the settings to the plugin.