The Social Articles plugin lets your users create posts, attach the featured image, set categories, and tags, and more directly from their BuddyPress profile.
The plugin features include:
- Administration area in BuddyPress profile (access, create, edit and delete)
- Status administration
- Approval workflow
- Form builder to arrange and select the fields however you need.
- Individual configuration for each field
- Direct publish workflow
- TinyMCE editor
- Support for featured image with a drag-and-drop uploader
- Set categories and tags
- BuddyPress notifications when a post is published (for the post author and their friends)
- Post is listed on the user’s profile
- Admin configuration (post per page, excerpt length, show BuddyPress notifications)
- Ability to turn on/off the edit and delete option
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Social Articles plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded social-articles.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the social-articles.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Social Articles plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Social Articles.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Social Articles.
- In the General tab, make the preferred changes to the settings.
- Click the Update Social Artiles Settings button to apply the settings.