The Invite Anyone plugin lets your BuddyPress users invite outsiders to join their site. The plugin also lets BuddyPress group administrators invite users to a group or to the site.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
BuddyBoss Platform is a fork and forge of the BuddyPress plugin and bbPress plugin. Any plugin developed for the BuddyPress and bbPress plugin is supported by the BuddyBoss Platform.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the Invite Anyone plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded invite-anyone.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the invite-anyone.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the Invite Anyone plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for Invite Anyone.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the Invite Anyone plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Invite Anyone.
- In the General Settings tab, make the preferred changes to the settings.
Optionally, in the Access Control tab, choose who can send the email invitations.
- Click the Save Changes button.
A user can send email invitations via their profile (Profile page > Send Invites) on the front-end.