The BuddyPress User Circles plugin allows users on BuddyPress based social network to create lists of users, e.g. Close Friends, Family, Colleagues, etc.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress User Circles plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded buddycircles.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddycircles.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress User Circles plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress User Circles.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress User Circles plugin to work.
Setting up the plugin
To set up the plugin:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > BuddyCircles.
- Make the modifications to the settings as preferred and then click the Save Changes button.
The Circle tab is added to a user’s profile where they can create and manage their Buddy User Circles.
For further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress User Circles.