The BuddyPress Multilingual plugin lets you build multilingual BuddyPress sites with WPML. It works with single-site or multi-site BuddyPress installations. Both the main site and child blogs can run multilingual.
Guest blogs can choose their language and create multilingual content. Additionally, each guest can choose the admin language individually. The features of the plugin include:
- Adds language switching to all BuddyPress pages (Activity, Groups, Profile and Register page)
- Allows to select the language when viewing user profiles
- Keeps the language consistent when clicking on different links (by adding the language to links)
- Allows to translate email notifications
- Keeps the entire BuddyPress workflow in the current language (create group, change avatars etc.)
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform and WPML installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Multilingual plugin from the link below
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-multilingual.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-multilingual.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Multilingual plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Multilingual.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform and WPML installed and activated on your site for BuddyPress Multilingual.
For further setup and translating BuddyPress pages and content, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress Multilingual.