The BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin allows you to create and manage member types for your BuddyPress based social network easily.
You can create/edit/activate/deactivate/remove member types. Also, use shortcodes to embed your member lists on posts/pages.
The integration works and requires the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your website.
You do NOT need to install the BuddyPress plugin or the bbPress plugin separately. BuddyBoss Platform acts as a replacement for both the plugins.
Installing the plugin
To install the plugin:
- Download the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin from your BuddyDev account page.
- Extract the downloaded buddypress-member-types-pro.zip file to the WordPress plugins folder yourhostname/wordpress/wp-content/plugins OR
Go to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Click the Upload Plugin button. Browse to the download file location, select the buddypress-member-types-pro.zip & install the plugin.
- Click the Activate Plugin button to activate the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin on your website. OR
To activate the plugin on your website site go to WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and then click the Activate button for BuddyPress Member Types Pro.
You must have the BuddyBoss Platform installed and activated on your site for the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin to work.
Creating member types for profiles
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Users > Member Types.
- Click the Add New button, enter the preferred details and click the Publish button.
For further setup options, refer to the official documentation of BuddyPress Member Types Pro.